Sick Animals

I had planned to go to Vandalur zoo in Chennai to check out the animals but a shameful incident made me realize that we’ll come across many sick animals in the form of humans wherever we go. One such sick animal deliberately bumped onto a girl and pretended as if nothing had happened. The girl felt helpless and went away as if nothing had happened. I still carry a feeling of disgust not only because of the incident but also because of the way I reacted to it; even I walked away as if nothing had happened! Had the person in concern been my friend or relative then surely my reaction would have been different. Why am I indifferent to strangers? Why didn’t the girl react offensively? Will there be a time when women can walk freely on the streets and live in peace? Until such a time comes, we are all sick animals.

No comments:

Post a Comment