Hungry Diwali

It was time to celebrate the grandest festival of India and I was thrilled that I’d be laying my hands on a variety of food and sweets. With this thought I stepped out of my hostel (Yes I was away from my home!) to visit a temple and my first sight was that of a poor kid searching the ground like a dog for food. It was a terrible sight. That night I had a variety of dishes on my plate but every bite reminded me of that sight. Though I am from a struggling family I’ve never slept with a hungry stomach; that night I did because I couldn’t digest that sight! Those who manage to have three meals a day are privileged. To those privileged ones like me: Let’s take care of those who aren’t… Think about it!

Let’s not waste food and I hope this post has given some food for thought!

No comments:

Post a Comment